Another 30 day music challenge
12. What’s your favorite genre of music? Whatever genre describes the likes of Incubus (alt-metal?), Yes (prog-rock?), Jack White (alternative?), Led Zeppelin (classic rock?). I never know what to call it. All I know is, I’m not partial to jazz. There, I’ve said it.
13. What song has the highest play count on your iTunes? My iTunes count is all messed up, so I don’t trust the numbers. It does make sense, though, that the highest counts are for songs by Maroon 5, because before my legs stopped working I was listening to my iPod while walking three miles a day on a treadmill, and I found that Maroon 5’s music is perfect for that.
14. What song would you sing on karaoke? I answered this one already on the other 30 day music challenge I’m doing. Eternal Flame by The Bangles.
15. What song should never be sung on
I think there’s something missing from this question. Sung on what? An instrumental to which no one should ever put lyrics? I’m not sure what they’re going for here, so I’m going to make up my own question: What song should never be played when you call your divorce lawyer’s office and they put you on hold? I know this answer from personal experience: We’ve Only Just Begun by The Carpenters.
16. What’s your favorite album? Right now, my favorite album by my favorite band is A Crow Left of The Murder by Incubus, but I can’t say it’s my favorite album of all time. I really don’t think I have one.
17. What would be the best lineup for a festival? Any lineup that includes the two best live bands I’ve seen to date: Incubus and My Morning Jacket. The video posted here is a clip from the MMJ show I went to last December.
18. Do you get any music magazines? Not for ages. When I was a teenager we all subscribed to Rolling Stone. Now I have Tumblr.